Cybercrime is a real threat to all businesses. Statistics are only showing an increase in cyberattack methods, and successful attacks result in significant loss of productivity and data. We want to show you why we stand by Cylance for Five Nines and our partners.
Before diving into what Cylance is, it’s important to understand what the software’s purpose is and what it’s protecting you from.
- Malware – software that is intended to damage or disable computers and computer systems
- Ransomware – a type of malicious software designed to block access to a computer system until a sum of money is paid
Since 2013, there has been a significant increase in malware and ransomware. In fact, since 2014, there have been over 120 million new malicious programs per year, and ransomware has increased 97% in the last two years. According to Symantec, 1 in 13 web requests lead to malware, up 3% from 2016. These statistics show that cybersecurity threats are at an all-time high, which is why having the right tools in place to protect your organization is so important.
What is Cylance?
Cylance is a tool that prevents cyberattacks with artificial intelligence (AI). Artificial intelligence is the development of computer systems where they are able to perform tasks that normally require human intelligence. Cylance is able to do this through machine learning, an application of AI that provides systems the ability to automatically learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed.
Cylance began in 2012 and has over 6,000 global customers, as well as over 10 million endpoints – and those numbers are growing each day. Cylance developed predictive endpoint threat prevention, which allows the software to predict, and then block cyberattacks on the endpoint in real-time using pre-execution AI algorithms. They have an extremely high success rate of 99%+. Cylance also doesn’t need a cloud connection to stop malware, as it can still do its’ job without an internet connection, making it a one-of-a-kind product in the industry.
Why Companies Choose Cylance
There are several reasons why Five Nines and other companies choose to utilize Cylance:
- Effectiveness – Cylance is an extremely effective program with 99.7% effectiveness against all known malware
- Simplicity – Cylance is very simple to manage and companies don’t need to spend a lot of time managing it once it’s set up within their environment, yet it increases ROI up to 250%
- Performance – Cylance only has a 1-2% impact on CPU, therefore user systems run faster, hardware lifespans are extended, and network bandwidth is reduced
Cybercrime is a real threat, but protecting your business doesn’t have to be guesswork.